Thursday, October 4, 2012

Landing at Bandera Emergency Airstrip






I flew my Ercoupe from the Renton Airport up Snoqualmie Pass and landed at the Bandera Airstrip here in Washington State on Wednesday, September 2, 2009, and then returned to KRNT. I made a flyby to check the field out and then circled back around to land. The mountains around the airstrip were a little intimidating. The strip is just south of I-90, but out of site of the freeway, hidden by trees. I had to wonder if the folks driving by thought I was crashing in the woods. The sod was in great shape, and the departure to the West isn't too hard, as the trees are pretty low there. One of the the still pics is of the fire training center nearby, one of Mt. Si, near North Bend, and one of of the Fraternity Snoqualmie Nudist Camp just East of Issaquah! I looked over at the wing, and it looked like ice was forming on the leading edge. It was much too warm for that, I'd think, so it must have been an optical illusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment