Tuesday, October 16, 2012

George Formby - In My Little Snapshot Album






From the film "I See Ice" (1938) starring George Formby, Kay Walsh, Cyril Ritchard and Garry Marsh. Composers: Jimmy Harper, Will E. Haines & Harry Parr-Davies. This scene is set on a steam train as George is travelling to Birmingham to do his photography work. Lyrics - Now Im a young inventor A chap with good ideas Ive built myself a camera It took me years and years Its a wonderful invention With special x-ray tricks It can take a picture in the dark And can even see through bricks I bought myself an album And filled it up with snaps And Ive got some lovely photos Of the local girls and chaps Now, Ive got a picture of the girl next door In my little snapshot album Ive never had a better snap before In my little snapshot album The night was dark and the hour was late She was kissing her boy by the garden gate Wouldnt they blush to see page eight In my little snapshot album Ive got a picture of my old granddad In my little snapshot album Hes over eighty but a real bad lad In my little snapshot album Although hes an old antique He thinks hes still the village sheik Ive got him dancing cheek to cheek In my little snapshot album Ive got a picture of the vicars wife In my little snapshot album Chasing the Curate with a carving knife In my little snapshot album What he did was all in fun But its not the kind of thing thats done I can see he pinched her hot-cross bun In my little snapshot album And Ive got a picture of a nudist camp In my little snapshot album All very jolly ...
Video Rating: 5 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment